Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New York Fashion Week

Last week, as many of you might know, was New York Fashion Week and boy would I do anything to have been there. Seriously. It looked amazing, the fashion lines and trends were define and the streetstyle was outstanding.

Here is a review of my favourite lines and designers from fashion week:

Marc Jacobs







Marc Jacobs is and always will be one of my favourite designers and I honestly feel like this line of his is one of the best i have ever seen. It is like he has gone into my brain and designed exactly what I love. I am a huge fan of the shapeless untailored suits for both when and WOMEN. I love the masculinity of the women range as well as the sport luxe that is contributed to that trend in the sneakers. I feel like male fashion for women is possibly the best and sexiest thing a lady can wear. Not only am I a fan of his perfume, I absolutely adore his fashion ranges. If I only I could afford it...

Alice and Olivia









I feel like Alice and Olivia is possibly one of the most ready-to-wear high fashion brands out there and I definitely believe it needs much more acknowledgments from the industry because let's be honest, Stacey Bendet, the designer, is a goddess.
What I particularly love about this line are the bags, skirts and short tight crop tops. This line contains key pieces that you can rock on a daily basis, it is something that you can throw on and look flawless without much effort. All I can say is Thank you to Stacey Bendet for creating a range where I don't need to be looked up and down or judged for wearing high fashion... Not that I care about the judging but just sayin'...

Karen Walker







The fact that everything in this range is oversized is absolutely amazing. the oversized jumpers, pants and beanies are definitely key pieces that I would personally invest in. Jumpers and beanies are definitely pieces I love wearing during cold seasons. the great thing about this range is that it also consists of great summer pieces like the white blouse/shirt. This is one of the most versatile ranges and consists of the greatest colours like yellow and orange. This is definitely a range I would consider buying key pieces from.

DKNY







What caught my eye at first was that Karlie Kloss, Chanel Iman and Rita Ora walked in this fashion show and when I heard that I knew it must be a great range and I was not disappointed. I love the grunge look of this line especially the netted skirt. I also love the monochromatic outfits but a couple of pops of colour here and there. I am a HUGE fan of the denim jacket and would totally consider it a must-buy. The tight black dress that also appears in orange is possibly the most sexiest piece of clothing I have seen in fashion week yet. This line is perfect if you are experimenting with the grunge look and if you are rocking it.

Nicole Miller







Not only am I a huge fan of model Chloe Norgaard (rainbow haired beauty) but I love this range as well. My favourite is how the hair and make-up for this show looked. The plaits are amazing. There is such a wonderful 1920's inspiration behind this look that is very evident and very beautiful. This is definitely a designer I am gonna watch.

Leave a comment below telling me who was your favourite designer from fashion week.

No comments:

Post a Comment